By visiting or ordering products or services on the Sites:
Types of personal information we collect
Personal information has the meaning given in the Privacy Act and includes information or an opinion (whether true or not) about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable (personal information).
We aim to collect personal information only if it is reasonably necessary for us to provide the products, services or information you have requested.
The types of personal information we collect will vary depending on your dealings with us. This may include, but is not limited to, any or all of the following:
· telephone number(s)and other contact details;
· associated company name(s), position, occupation and other business details;
· electronic address(es);
· credit card details;
· transaction details relating to your purchase of products or services;
· details of your purchasing preferences and any other details which may be requested;
· your company name and ABN (where relevant);
· your unique device identifier, device information, device type, hardware model, operating system version, mobile network information, web request, IP address;
· log information, details of how you used our service, such as your search queries and Internet protocol address;
· device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware setting, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL;
· location information (to determine your requested delivery location);
· tracking information such as order history, purchase history, delivery location history and click tracking; and
· documentation required for us to provide you with our services.
We do not collect Sensitive Information or Sensitive Personal Data as defined in the Privacy Act and the GDPR (respectively).
Why do we collect personal information?
We collect information to provide our services to you.
Generally, we will tell you why we are collecting information when we collect it and how we plan to use it, or this will be obvious when we collect the information.
Why do we need your personal information?
We only collect or hold your personal information where it is reasonably necessary for our business functions or activities.
In particular, we need your personal information to:
· provide you with our services: including communicating with you about our services, and providing information to relevant financial institutions and payment systems providers to effect any transactions you choose to enter;
· establish and maintain your relationship with us: including to allow you to remain in contact with us and to answer any of your enquiries and offer customer support, and in some cases disclosing your name and address as required by law (such as to government authorities and agencies);
· market and advertise to you:including by sending you newsletters, alerts, special offers and promotions, engaging third party service providers to do likewise, providing you with updates, or contacting you about our services or information we think may interest you (if you have registered with us and have not"opted-out");
· improve the quality and design of our services and the Sites:including by storing, tracking, analysing and processing user preferences and trends as well as user activity on the Sites to create new features, functionality and services and to communicate these to you, and improving our businesses and your customer experience;
· comply with the law:including any contractual obligations we may owe to you; and
· exercise our legal rights: including exercising rights we may have under law or a contract between us and you, or between us and a third party, (the “Primary Purposes”).
We may also collect, use and disclose your information in other ways where permitted by the Australian Privacy Principles. When we collect your information, we will give you the ability to indicate that you do not want us to use your personal information for disclosed “secondary purposes”. At any time, you may notify us of your preferences in this regard by contacting our privacy officer at the address detailed below. Please allow a reasonable time for your preference to be implemented.
You do not have to provide us with any personal information, however if you do not we may not be able to carry out the Primary Purposes, including completing the purchase and delivery of products or services that you have requested.
How we collect personal information
Generally, we collect personal information directly from you when you use our Sites or services, including when you set up an account with us, or automatically through your use of our Sites or services.
We may also collect your personal information from other people or organisations where you have given your consent.
We collect personal information ourselves, through our business partners, through third parties who supply products and services to and for us and our business partners, or through Merchants.
More detailed examples of the information we collect include:
Personal Information you may give us
· when you submit information about you through our Sites;
· information we get from your use of our Sites:
· when you enter into a promotion or competition conducted by us;
· when you complete a survey by us or a third party; or
· when you have other dealings with us.
Personal information we collect automatically
We collect information automatically about your interaction with our Sites and services, your usage preferences and your communications with us. This is information we receive from devices you use when you access the Sites, including from third party providers such as Google Analytics. Such information could include:
· location information, including from your mobile phone (if applicable); and
· computer and connection information such as statistics or your page views, traffic to and from sites, ad data, your IP address, your browsing history and your web log information.
Personal Information collected from other sources
We may also collect information from third parties. For example, we collect information and share information with our partners and third party providers (including third party support service providers and payment providers, website hosting, and cloud service providers).
Anonymity and use of a pseudonym
We will allow you to use a pseudonym or to remain anonymous (unless this is impractical or against the law).
In some instances, if you do not provide us with certain personal information we may not be able to provide you with the relevant product, service or information you have requested.
Disclosure of your personal information
By submitting your personal information to us, you consent to us using and disclosing your personal information for the Primary Purposes, the purposes set out below, and any purpose related to the Primary Purposes that could be reasonably anticipated at the time your Personal Information was collected (Secondary Purposes).
We may also disclose your personal information in other ways:
· with your consent;
· where we are authorised or required to do so by law;
· to our related entities, partners or service providers (including website hosting and cloud service providers, payment processors, security service providers, and support service providers), in order to assist us to provide our products or services to you;
· where reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or external service provider for the purposes of legal advice, consultancy, outsourced administration, issuing statements or handling mail; or
· as permitted under the Australian Privacy Principles.
Some of our related entities, partners and service providers or the services they provide may be based outside of Australia (including in the United Kingdom, the European Union and the United States of America). By providing us with your personal information, you acknowledge that your personal information may be used, stored and disclosed overseas, including in jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. To protect your personal information we take care to work with entities, partners and service providers who are based in countries that provide adequate levels of data protection, or we otherwise take steps to ensure that your personal information receives adequate levels of data protection in the jurisdictions in which it is processed in accordance with all applicable privacy laws (including the GDPR).
Shopify:We will also share your information with our financial institution and payment systems provider Shopify to process any payment for your purchase(s). Any information we collect in relation to your credit card is not kept by us after we use it and share that information with our financial institution and or payment systems provider.
We direct you to Shopify to view its privacy statement at https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy
Third party partners and service providers: We may disclose your personal information to third parties who work with us in our business to provide, promote or improve the products or services you have requested or are interested in. We may share your personal information to identify you as our customer.
Aggregated statistical information:We may use and share personal information in aggregate form to improve our services. This statistical compilation and analysis of information may also be used by us or provided to others as a summary report for marketing, advertising, financing or research purposes.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners, Merchants, prospective Merchants, financiers and prospective buyers. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our Sites or demographic spread of our customers.
Where we have your express or implied consent, or where we are otherwise permitted by law to do so, we may use and disclose your personal information to send updates, other relevant information and direct marketing to you from us, Merchants, corporate partners or third party companies, organisations or individuals.
The direct marketing may relate to our services, the products and services of Merchants, the products and services of corporate partners or third parties or to keep you informed of new developments we believe may be of interest to you.
If you do not want to receive direct marketing, you can request us not to contact you or disclose your information to others for that purpose by contacting our privacy department using the details set out below.
How we hold personal information
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) on our website, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). When Credit Card details are collected, we simply pass them on in order to be processed as required. We never permanently store complete Credit Card details.
While we do our best to protect personal information and the privacy of users of our Sites, the Internet is not a secure method of transmitting information so we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that you disclose and you disclose that information at your own risk.
We use SSL technology to encrypt credit card information but we cannot and do not accept responsibility for the security of that information, or for any unauthorised access or use of that information. We do not accept any liability for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of any unauthorised access to or disclosure of information supplied by you over the Internet.
If you have any questions about security on our Sites, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.We will respond to your query within a reasonable time. We may reject queries that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, risk the security of our Sites or the privacy of others, or are impracticable.
Any information posted by you on review forums and/or communicated in chat areas becomes public information.
While we strive to protect and respect your privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose in a review forum. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used for any purpose by others who access them.
We are not responsible for the personally identifiable or other information you choose to submit in these areas.
To request removal of your personal information from these areas, please contact our privacy department by email or at the address detailed below.
Website and Cookies
Information is also generated whenever a page is accessed on any of our Sites that records information such as the time, date and specific page. We collect such information for statistical and maintenance purposes to evaluate our website performance. This does not normally contain personal information.
If you are using a mobile device to access our Sites, we use the anonymous identifier to track user traffic patterns. This is a random string of characters that is used for the same purposes as a cookie on platforms, including certain mobile devices, where cookie technology is not available. We use information collected from cookies and other technologies to improve your experience with our Sites and the overall quality of our services.
Using other sites
Our Sites may contain links to other websites, platforms or applications which are not under our control.
Remember to close your browser when you have finished your user session. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or cafe.
You as an individual are responsible for the security of and access to your own computer. Whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information over the internet, this information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information in publicly accessible forums, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your username and passwords and any account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are using the Internet.
Quality of information
We aim to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date.
To assist us, you need to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as requested and properly update the information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
If you believe that the information we hold is inaccurate or incomplete, please contact us and we will use all reasonable efforts to correct it. If we do not believe the information to be incorrect, we will take reasonable steps to add a statement to the information claiming that you believe the information is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
Access to your personal information
You may request access to, or the correction of, your personal information that we hold about you, subject to exceptions allowed by law. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. We will give you access to, or correct, your personal information unless there is a lawful reason for refusing your request.
For your protection, we may require you to confirm your identity before access to your personal information is granted. In most cases, we can provide you with a summary of your personal information free of charge. However, in some circumstances, reasonable costs may be charged to access your personal information, subject to the Privacy Act or any other relevant law.
If we refuse your request, we will give you a written notice explaining our reasons and how you may complain about that. In most cases, we will endeavour to respond to your request within a reasonable time (but not more than 30 days) after the request is made. If we need more time, we will notify you about the delay and seek to agree a longer period of time with you (if you do not agree, we may not be able to resolve your complaint). We may reject queries that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, risk the security of our Sites or the privacy of others, or are impracticable.
In some instances, you may request that we delete your personal information. In accordance with and subject to relevant privacy laws (including the GDPR), you may object to certain personal information being processed and request that processing of your personal information be limited. You may also limit or manage our communications with you by unsubscribing from certain email and newsletter updates.
Users based in Europe
If you access our Sites from Europe, you may have additional rights under the GDPR in relation to the handling of your personal information.
When you access the Sites, we may monitor your activity using automated processes, including for the purposes of counting usage of our Sites and webpages and providing you with more tailored and relevant products and services.
In certain circumstances, in addition to the rights listed in the ‘Access to your personal information’ section, you may also have a right to:
· request a copy of personal information that that you have provided to us, in a commonly used electronic format;
· request that we delete any personal information that we hold about you, subject to any legal obligations we have to retain your personal information; and
· withdraw your consent to the processing of the personal information that we hold about you. Once you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your personal information for the purpose(s) you originally agreed to, unless we are required to do so by law. This will not affect the lawfulness of any processing of personal information based on your consent before its withdrawal.
Where your personal information is transferred outside of Europe, it will only be transferred to countries that have been identified as providing adequate protection for Personal Information, or to a third party where we have approved transfer mechanisms and/or contractual obligations in place to protect your personal information.
How to contact us or make a complaint
Rendr Support Email: email@example.com
In your complaint, please set out the details of your complaint and your contact details. Our privacy department will contact you to acknowledge your request and ask for any other relevant information. We will then investigate the issue and advise you in writing of the outcome. We will take reasonable steps to remedy any issues resulting from our failure to comply with our privacy obligations. We will promptly acknowledge and investigate any complaint about the way we manage personal information.
If we cannot resolve a complaint related to your personal information, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (“OAIC”) directly.
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, please visit the OAIC website at www.oaic.gov.au.